Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Flikr

I have just discovered flikr and i think it is a great concept. I like the idea of the private spaces, where photos can only be viewed by family and friends for personal photos and videos. I also like the concpet of the public domain, but i think that people need to be aware of what they put on there and also what they may view. I think that flikr would be a good resource for teachers, however personally if i was to use it in my classroom, i would make sure that the students were only allowed in a private domain, so that there was no chance of exposure to the public photos/videos out there.

As a personal use i would love to set up my own private albumn of photos, that i could share with my friends and in particular with my family whom live interstate.

Overall i think that flikr is a great source for photos, and as an alternative for what ic currently use, which is google images, i will definately be using flikr as an alternative.

I'm not sure if this site is allowed in education queensland schools, but if anyone has seen flikr in use in a classroom, i would love to hear in what context and how sucessful it was.

Thanks Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment